Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) Tool
The software program from in2Dredging (i2D), Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP v1.6), is an advanced and highly intuitive estimating tool.
PnP can accurately estimate suction and discharge production for any dredging or mining equipment that hydraulically transports soil-like materials. The program is an analytical tool, which accurately simulates pump behaviour and pipeline pressure losses for all soil mixtures. PnP has been developed using a century of literature and decades of field measurements. PnP’s Graphical User Interface (GUI) and graphical results are derived from practical estimating experience.
The tool is made by dredging professionals for dredging professionals, but the graphical user interface is intuitive and simple enabling quick estimates. Therefore, PnP has the flexibility to suit almost any project. PnP requires only the most relevant input parameters to produce a graph that gives insight into production limitations. PnP estimates production rates reliably. Transforming your estimate into a reliable schedule or robust cost estimate including fuel consumption is easy.
“I am not a dredging contractor, but it is important to be able to think like one. PnP provided me with the necessary insight to set a benchmark and create a schedule. i2D’s support was very helpful and prompt. I really like the program.”
Pete Mesha, USA
Group President, Transportation & Infrastructure
Wight & Company
“PnP has allowed us to reliably design slurry pipeline systems up to 12 km in length. As a company we have been using the tool for three years and over this time have seen a steady development of additional practical functionality.”
Leon van Lent, Netherlands
Head of R&D ROHR-IDRECO Dredge Systems B.V.
When the pump and pipeline configuration and mixture properties are provided, PnP can assist with the following:
- Estimate suction and discharge production for any pipeline configuration and dredging equipment with one or several pump-drive systems
- Design dredging installations including pump-drive systems and pipeline configurations to realise lowest cost per cubic metre
- Provide detailed and complete insight into the production limitations of pump-drive systems and pipeline configurations while transporting slurries
- Determine whether a booster pump is required and its position
- Determine the ideal pump impeller diameter or drive gear in the case of diesel-direct systems
- Estimate suction production for Trailer Suction Hopper Dredge (TSHD) or Cutter Suction Dredger (CSD) with or without underwater pumps
- Analyse and evaluate performance of pump(s) and drive system(s)
- Estimate discharge production of TSHD rainbowing including throw distance and ideal nozzle diameter
User Friendly and Intuitive
Because PnP was designed by dredging professionals rather than software developers, dredging professionals find the program easy to use.
PnP can estimate production for almost any project, although a few constraints have been built-in to ensure it is user friendly. The main constraint is that only a maximum of ten (10) pumps in series can be entered. More pumps can be entered for pumps in series, if the pumps’ characteristics are summated and entered as one pump.
i2D can use PnP Expert to overcome these limitations for special, advanced projects, which are less typical. PnP Expert has no graphical user interface. Therefore, it is very flexible, fast to develop and easy to integrate in another estimation tool. Both tools, PnP and PnP Expert, share a similar library that was compared in detail for verification.
The Pump ‘n Pipeline (PnP) software program including its intellectual property are owned and licensed by in2Dredging Pty Ltd (i2D). i2D can never be held responsible for any events that arise from misusing or even using PnP software that exceed any paid licence fee. We always recommend you get expert advice before acting.
Recent Posts on PnP
Upcoming Pumps ‘n Pipeline Masterclass
Our Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) users have often requested an intensive masterclass, so now is your chance! In three hours, you can learn to create your own suction and discharge production estimates or at the very least understand the physical limitations and associated risks of hydraulic transport. Professionals worldwide find our PnP tool easy to […]
Determining Soil-Water Mixture Viscosity
In order to determine suction and discharge production, successfully characterising soil-mixture viscosity can be key. The latest version of Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP), i.e., v1.6.9, can simulate any soil-water mixture in order to estimate production. It can also help users identify and enter the right mixture properties. Water viscosity is only relevant for medium to […]
Major Update of Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) v1.6.8
Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) v1.6.8, a suction and discharge production estimation tool, has had a major update. PnP was first released four years ago in 2016 and its functionality and features have steadily grown over the last few years. This year PnP underwent a major update to include some of our PnP user’s requests. The […]
How to Easily Estimate Dredging Production
Here are a few tips on how you can easily estimate the suction and discharge production of dredging and mining equipment yourself. It is easier than it looks! Taking the time to learn how to do this could save you millions of dollars down the line. Creating your own estimate will also greatly increase your […]
How to Accurately Estimate Suction Production
A few years ago, in2Dredging developed the Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) estimating tool, which can be used to accurately estimate suction and discharge production. In this post, PnP’s results are introduced chronologically, so as to help describe how suction production rates can be estimated more accurately. PnP has already been explained at a high-level in […]
Pump and Soil-Mixture Parameters to Consider
Are you estimating pump production for your dredging or mining project? A growing number of dredging and mining professionals rely on Pumps ‘n Pipeline (PnP) for their production estimates. The estimating software program PnP v1.4 now has more features to help you accurately estimate production for various soil mixtures and pump installations. The new features […]
Purchase License Key
When we receive online payment and your hardware identification code on email@example.com, then you will receive your licensed version including personal license key ASAP but within one business day. The license key enables you to unlock your licensed version on your computer.
What is included?
- A licence key for PnP version 1 enabling you to estimate suction and discharge production
- Free email support for PnP software
- Free updates whenever we improve version 1
- The licence is strictly personal. This means it is only allowed to be installed on one computer
- Significant discount for version upgrades and multiple users
How to start estimating?
- Pay your license key online
- Download and install the PnP demo version
- Send Hardware Identification Code and Username to support@in2Dredging.com
- Receive License Key from support@in2Dredging.com and unlock PnP licenced version
- Estimate suction and discharge production reliably
- Load the project file example.pnp in PnP to get started even faster