Sustainable Environmental Services
I2d’s consultants carry out marine investigations and environmental studies that support all phases of your dredging projects.
We handle environmental assessments, management plans and monitoring, data collection, field investigations and hydrographic surveys.
Planning, Environmental Studies and Site Investigations
Our team provides specialist marine environmental services for dredging projects to be able to enable carry out field surveys, environmental monitoring and sampling programmes. We develop environmental studies, plans and assessments that provide technical and environmental advice and assistance during the planning and execution phases of projects.
Environmental Studies, Plans and Reports
- Preparing environmental studies and reports following relevant guidelines
- Developing and implementing surveys and studies that contribute to broader environmental impact assessments (EIA)
- Evaluating EIA documents to extract relevant environmental requirements
- Developing construction and environmental management plans
- Developing dredge and disposal management plans
Environmental Monitoring and Sampling
- Developing environmental monitoring and sampling plans (SAP)
- Managing and implementing environmental monitoring and sampling programmes, including:
- Seabed and acid sulfate soil investigations
- Marine ecology surveys
- Metocean data collection
- Providing cost estimates for environmental monitoring and sampling programmes
- Evaluating environmental requirements and impacts on proposed projects
- Managing dredged material and disposal option assessments
- Preparing feasibility studies
- Helping with the permitting process and its planning phase
- Establishing environmental requirements based on relevant legislation
- Preparing environmental applications to obtain permits and licences at various levels of government
“The expert services provided by in2Dredging were excellent and their very professional report formed the basis of our application to dredge the Newhaven Marina.”
– Derrick Kershaw, Vice Commodore, Newhaven Yacht Squadron, Australia
i2D offers marine environmental and oceanographic investigations into a broad range of nearshore, offshore and estuarine environments. As part of our environmental services, we provide hydrographic solutions that include:
- Pre-dredging and post-dredging bathymetric surveys and mapping
- Volume calculations
- Review, interpretation and verification of survey data
- Single beam and multibeam bathymetry
- Topography surveys
- Beach profiles
- GPS, DGPS and underwater positioning
- Habitat mapping
- Routing surveys
- Client representative on survey projects
Local and Specialist Services
Since every project and environment are different, our consultants investigate local conditions and hire project-specific equipment for the job.
To provide integrated engineering and environmental solutions, we rely on an extensive network of specialist consultants and contractors. In addition, we also work with local suppliers around the world.
in2Dredging consultants can be a part of a multi-disciplinary team or manage a team of specialists for your marine infrastructure projects.