Reliable Dredging Estimating
i2D’s dredging estimating tools draw on academic knowledge and are constantly verified in the field. Thanks to state-of-the-art modelling, we have developed in-house estimating tools that are ground-breaking and unique in the dredging consultancy industry. They help develop a design that is sufficiently defined to provide accurate and complete project estimates. Our tools also lets us determine the cost per cubic metre.
Using estimating tools, i2D’s dredging estimators can calculate the cost per cubic metre for each type of dredging equipment listed below. This unit rate shows the most cost-effective work method and the most adequate dredging equipment for the project. The unit rate also shows which additional features make a dredger more competitive.
- Trailer Suction Hopper Dredger (TSHD)
- Cutter Suction Dredger (CSD)
- Jet Suction Dredger (JSD)
- Backhoe Dredger (BHD)
- Water Injection Dredger (WID)
- Flexible Fallpipe Vessel (FPV)
- Side Dump Vessel (SDV)
- Mechanical and Jet Trenchers
Relevant Soil Properties
i2D dredging consultants are in a position to examine many different soil properties. Dredging projects are feasible when dredged soil can be reused for projects such as land reclamation or as a building material. Having the right dredging equipment on site is essential in order to able dredge the identified soil in a cost-effective manner. The soil risk has to be mitigated by sufficiently examining the soil properties, such as:
- Sand, clay, mud or rock
- Particle size distribution, grain shape and hardness
- Undrained shear strength
- Compressive and tensile strength
- Organic content
- Shrinkage limit, plastic limit and liquid limit
- Engineering behaviour
- Construction characteristics
Or some less obvious soil properties which can be assessed with more advanced dredging estimating tools:
- Brittle or ductile rock
- Cracking or plastic clay
- Calcareous or silica sand
- Porosity and permeability
i2D supervises and manages geotechnical field investigation to ensure that data is properly collected, so that it can be used to make a reliable production estimate.
Dredging Estimating Tools
Our dredging estimators develop all of i2D’s estimating tools in-house, making them practical and fail-safe by using field experience and academic modelling.
- Developed to provide efficient and reliable production estimates
- Able to recognise the level of definition required for each project and each design phase
- Independent without any bias
- Easy and quick to use for shorter lead times and smaller budgets
- Maintained by a production and cost database on dredging equipment
- All dredging estimating tools establish a cost per cubic metre
Unsure about your estimate or schedule?
Need an independent second opinion?
Ask us about our lead times and budgets, and you may consider a quick second opinion to mitigate risk and identify opportunities.