Senior Dredging Engineer
in2Dredging Pty Ltd (i2D) is an international dredging consultancy that provides support to owners, contractors and suppliers. i2D’s commitment to strong performance and constant improvement continues to shape our solid reputation, with research, development and innovation forming part of our foundations.
i2D consists of a handpicked team of multi-disciplinary consultants that develop and provide value-adding documents, tools and services. The team strives to propose cost‑effective solutions for a niche dredging market. Our mission is to become a world-renowned dredging consultancy.
i2D is now looking to welcome an experienced Senior Dredging Engineer to support our team of consultants from our new Perth based office.
Essential Job Functions
- Undertaking various consultancy tasks, including:
- maintaining effective communication;
- providing engineering services for dredging works;
- processing, analysing and visualising data;
- providing project management services;
- contributing to procurement activities;
- researching literature; and
- assisting in planning and scheduling.
- Providing precise, concise and clear reports that present content in a logical and coherent manner
- Estimating reliable production rates for dredging related activities using i2D’s proprietary tools to ensure clients’ budgets and schedules can be met
- Strong commitment to delivering high-quality deliverables and submitting them on time
- Monitoring dredging operations to identify any risks, weaknesses and opportunities
- Assisting clients to prepare tender documents that have sufficient definition to avoid project delays and claims
- Identifying hazards, rating risks and developing safeguards to ensure the safety of people and equipment at all times
- Preparing proposals that win interesting and sustainable work for i2D
- Able, or willing to learn, to develop tools in Python to assist our consultants with delivering results reliably and efficiently
- Contributing to the effectiveness of dredging activities by using acquired technical knowledge in your area of expertise;
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Keeping your technical knowledge up to date and applying acquired knowledge to projects;
- Assisting management and project teams to meet projects’ stated objectives;
- Ensuring a safe working environment during all operations and tasks by employing applicable HSE policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislative requirements;
- Taking personal responsibility for, and demonstrating personal behaviour that upholds, i2D’s values; and
- Establishing long term relationships with clients.
What you will bring
- A Bachelor degree, or higher, in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Perth based, but willing to travel and able to work in remote locations, for example, for site visits
- At least 3-years’ experience in marine construction and working offshore, ideally in the dredging industry
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and able to deal with unexpected situations
- Previous experience working on the contractor side is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the use of OHS, Environmental and Quality systems
- Able to interface confidently with people at all levels, such as management teams, dredge crews and construction workforces
- Strong English skills, with additional languages being an asset
- Experience in estimating as well as managing, or assisting in the management of, projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions
- Fixed term full time, part time or casual contract
- Part of a small team of 10 – 15 handpicked consultants based around the world
- Flexible working arrangements for both hours and location, with a minimum of 2 to 3 days to be worked at the office
- Brand new offices with end of trip facilities located in Bayswater, Perth, close to public transport
- Working on internationally renowned projects with travel opportunities
- Diverse and challenging work
- Work with field experienced and academically knowledgeable peers
- Personal development opportunities
- A diverse, supportive and stimulating organisational culture
Only candidates located within Australia, with full Australian working rights will be considered. Aiming for a start date of around mid-January 2024.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your CV, covering letter and contact details to grace.dennis@in2Dredging.com.