Advanced Dredging Engineering
i2D can perform in-house advanced multi-disciplinary engineering. We have professional engineering expertise in civil, mechanical and control system engineering. i2D engineers also understand fundamental physics enabling them to build concise practical models from scratch.
Our dredging engineers have developed and maintained both physical and numerical models. Our team develops software to perform fast and comprehensive calculations.
Discover how our engineering knowledge and experience can solve your project challenges.
Dredging always involves soil-water-interaction engineering and the unique science of destructive geotechnical engineering. Few publications are available in the public domain on these unique fields of expertise.
Our dredging engineers are passionate about soil-water-interaction. Our team uses state-of-the-art modelling techniques to predict cutting or jetting of any kind of soil. These models have been based on physical and numerical modelling and are continuously improved based on new field experiences. This approach allows dredging engineers to investigate project sites to a suitable level of definition, perform accurate estimates that avoid unpleasant surprises on your dredging projects and develop your estimate methodology identifying risk in an early stage.
- i2D performs unique soil-water-interaction engineering
Dredging Control Systems Engineering
Modern dredging equipment features many control systems to maintain excellent performance. Our dredging engineers can design, optimise and educate operators on control systems. Robust and reliable instrumentation is key for any control system.
- i2D can design and set control systems to optimise production
- i2D educates and communicates the use of control systems for operators
Dredging Process Engineering
Our engineers can design and modify dredging installations with special attention to equipment performance. Experience has shown that a systematic design process approach enables competitive cost per cubic meter of soil. This so called unit rate is a key performance indicator.
- i2D has unique state-of-the-art knowledge of the dredging process and can design, upgrade and optimise dredging processes
- i2D can select dredge and jet pumps including impellers and engines
Building new equipment or upgrading existing equipment? Request a brochure today.
Dredging is often undertaken in a coastal environment where understanding coastal processes is key. Our engineers can perform environmental impact assessments, and analyse and estimate performance for any dredging equipment regarding interaction with waves and current as well as environmental impact.
- i2D performs physical and numerical modelling of coastal processes
- i2D accurately and realistically predicts soil spill and loss and its effect in a coastal environment
- i2D can also manage and support monitoring and physical and numerical modelling of coastal processes